I don’t know why I’m even awake this afternoon but the upside is that I’m getting some cleaning done!
So I’m damp dusting my shelves and picking up random objects thinking “oh, that’s cool”, or “I remember this!” And of course I know what’s on my shelves but at the same time, it’s fun to look back, and therein came this post idea.
So here we go on a dreary Sunday: 10 cool things in my library that aren’t books, in no specific order
1)The chandelier – it casts whimsical leaf patterns everywhere and I love it. Seeing this photo, it needs to be wiped down but I’m terrified of spiders 🤔
2) This mug, because it was a gift after a year long series and litverse buddy read that I tend to look back on as a good experience
3. This manuscript because it was my first, bound or unbound. The publicist is actually a friend of a friend (discovered incidentally because apparently the publishing industry is a small place) and we all got a kick out of the mutual connections. Regardless, I appreciated having a manuscript of something
4. These prints because I love Beth Revis both as an author and a person and getting a surprise letter from her was beyond amazing. Our pandemic chats and heart warrior cheers will be one of my best memories when I’m long gone as a blogger 🙃
5) That time I bought all my flooring supplies and the guy at the loading area plunked this ridiculous fake crow on top of my truck and said happy Halloween 😂 we named it Kaz obviously
6. This hand painted dragon statue from Hunter aka ALPHA FOUR (Far Forest Scrolls), I don’t remember how we originally got into touch but years later, this dragon is considered a prized possession! I do hope we can do that Brunch interview some day when things get better ❤️
7. This skull candle from a local artist friend who runs The Smell of Fear candles! How cool is that? I was eyeballing them forever and am glad to finally have one!
8. This Jane Austen teacup candle, I can’t get over the actual antique tea cup and the mint smell. Hollow Ever After was my first rep company and this was a parting gift after a wonderful 2 ish years of partnership!
9. The chess pieces! Just all of them. It was a great marketing idea to try to collect them all while shelflovecrate was still in business
10) This set from …. Erk… Crete? As my only shelf space, the library shares a few knickknacks too 😂
There you have it! To anyone reading, what cool things are on your shelves?