Look at me, already breaking my resolutions 😅
Nah, seriously though I am breaking away from To Be Read lists because they’ve started to feel oppressive. That said, I have to read a certain number of full books for the SPSFC this month. I’ve also got my books lined up for the Keymark Readathon because I can’t resist a good competition and challenge. Hopefully next month and beyond I’ll be able to read more freely, but let’s look at the books I’ve got lined up!
Thankfully I was able to plug in books I planned to read anyway.
- The Rush’s Echo by Ginger Smith is an ARC that I’ve had for too long – up first!
- Before They Are Hanged by Joe Abercrombie – yes I’m going to binge this series.
- The Empyrean by Katherine Franklin – **an SPSFC read**
- The Stars Within by Alex Arch – indie novella that comes highly recommended
- Earthship by John Triptych – **an SPSFC read**
There are three more SPSFC reads besides the indicated two that I *have* to read this month. Those are:
- The Diamond Device by M.H. Thaung
- Empire Reborn by A.K. Duboff
- Inquisitor by Mitchell Hogan
Seven books and one novella should be doable for me.
Book Tours & Sunday Brunch:
I’ve got Luke Tarzian featuring regarding my birthday book, A Cup of Tea At the Mouth of Hell! Super excited for that interview through Escapist Book Tours.
The last ARC I have is The Last Orphan by Gregg Andrew Hurwitz. I love Orphan X and am always honored to grab one of the ARCs. It’s not out til valentine’s day so I’ll read it once I finish the others.
I don’t have any articles planned (as of yet) but I do have three reviews that I never got to at the end of 2022. So at some point expect features on Fairytale by Stephen King, some random thoughts on Bukowski and Dirty Old Man, and, I don’t know what I want to say about Road Trip Elegies: Montreal to New York yet but it was a profound listening experience.