Oh November, between work and getting sick and more work, I’m in pure survival mode right now. Let’s see what’s in store here for this month!
Here’s some good news: for the first time in years I can finally say that my ARC list is only two books long right now and it’s an amazing feeling. Both are very exciting sounding books too!
- The Prisoner by B.A. Paris – I’m halfway done with this one, released today 11/1, and should post about it soon. Thanks to St Martin’s Press
- Rubicon by J.S. Dewes – not out until March but Tor has offered me author interviews before so I’d like to get there asap
- I’ve also got Hex You by PC & Kristin Cast but will probably put it off until the end of December
This lovely sci-fi month artwork is by Simon Fetscher
I did decide to jump into sci-fi month, it’s a great group of people with many familiar faces from Wyrd & Wonder, and I have a tentative TBR! For all that people talk about a lack of sci-fi community, I think it exists. Somewhere. 10 years, wow! It’ll be fun to get some sci-fi recs and see what everyone is talking about! (I do have a TBR but at the same time it’s just incredible to be able to look at my shelves and read whatever I want).
- Rubicon – see above, this is a perfect ARC for sci-month. A space opera about a sergeant’s many traumatic resurrections, I literally am bouncing to get to this one
- Armada by Ernest Cline – I picked this one up on audio and started last night but should have listened to GoodReads. Will Wheaton’s voice is just. Ugh. I’ll probably finish it
- I’ve got the first three Alex Benedict books by Jack McDevitt that have been on my TBR forever. Back this summer someone said they wanted to see my thoughts and I never got there, so maybe I’ll binge A talent for War, Seeker, and Polaris
- 20k Leagues Under the Sea by Verne – ok yes let’s finally read this, I’m all about the boys club of scientific exploration 🤣
- Empire of Silence – it’s so long, should I finally read it though?
That’s seven sci-fi books and I think a realistic goal, I will maybe add or subtract as the month goes!
There isn’t a lot of miscellany for November. I’m off to see Hamilton tomorrow night 11/2 and have a seat at the theatre’s president’s club dinner prior and I’m just hoping I can taste the catering because I’m kind of sick 🤣
SPSFC wise – I will definitely start posting more slushpile thoughts this week too.
Here’s to another month of reading, I’m just waiting for December though 🙃